Saturday, March 9, 2024

Names

Hey Blog!
 So I realized I haven't given the characters in this movie a name or given a lot of thought on how I want them portrayed.  but that's going to change now. So, we obviously got to start with the main character whose own characters come to life I wanted to give her a name connected with this or represent her art side, while looking for names (a lot of baby name list) I realized a lot of names have Greek mythology tied to them. My first instinct was to go with Iris goddess of rainbow and color until I remember there is a goddess who was created simply by a thought, this of course was the goddess of wisdom and handicraft, Athena. this name seemed like a perfect fun little hint of what will lay ahead of the film. 

The second character to appear in this opening to the film would be Athena's character Mara. I wanted these characters to have a name connected to death, but still be a simple name one. Mara if taken from the variation Morona means death, which I find fitting for a character that was created as a psychopathic killer but is still basic enough for a teenage writer and artist to come up with it on her own.


The names were something I wanted to get right because names are important to represent who the characters are, even harry from harry potter has a meaning "home leader" that represent who he is and what he is going to become in the rest of the film. Even though names aren't usually given much thought names are important identity of the character. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 so the CCR are here 1:  CCR poadcast.m4a 2.  20240403_013112000_iOS.mov