Friday, March 8, 2024

fonts

 hey blog! 

Many movies and tv show like harry potter and stranger things have iconic fonts for their tittles that even though when someone is copying it you know immediately where its from. 


 

But even if in post production it is chosen not go completely with their own fonts certain genres have the same styles used for their tittle. Since in my project I'm planning to do the horror genre here some examples. 
Main thing I realized in most Horror movie tittles they usually have white, black, and red color scheme but some movies such the poltergeist which is dark blue have other dark colors.  So, for my intro I decided I wanted it to be Black and Red cause it would display on a computer screen better. Another thing I realized while looking at these fonts they all add to creepy atmosphere the movie is intended to create. So, first thing I did is research creepy fonts I could find on google. 
12 Best Scary Fonts On Google Docs in 2024 (Free) | SSP (spreadsheetpoint.com) i found this site that should 12 different fonts and found ones I thought would fit the movie. 

Creepster: Kill your darlings       kill your darlings 



Jolly lodger:      Kill your darlings       kill your darlings 


Nosifer: Kill your darling              kill your darling 


Sometype mono: Kill Your Darling               Kill your darling 


I liked these fonts and wanted to see how each one would look in both red and black. and the two that most caught my attention where nosier in red because it gives a very violent tone to it and the sometype mono in black because its gives typing in a computer. If I could find a way to start of with kill your darling in the tittle scene to start off in the mono font and have it switch nosifer as well demonstrating the supernatural of it all I believe would be a good way to tie back to the movie.


 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 so the CCR are here 1:  CCR poadcast.m4a 2.  20240403_013112000_iOS.mov