Tuesday, February 13, 2024

"If love is like Possessions. maybe my letter are like my exorcisms" - Jenny Han

So, I've been brainstorming for  movie intro project, and I'm faced with the task of picking a genre to dive into. For this I decided to research my favorite genre's Romance and Horror.  

Let's talk Romance first. I mean, who doesn't love watching the chemistry between two characters unfold? As I watch the intros of some of my favorite romance films, I realized the different ways to approach this genre they offer from dramatic to comedy. One of my favorite intros is to all the boys I loved before that starts with a very fantasy romance that introduces the main character as a hopeless romantic, lost in her own world. This intro and many different romance intros are very much into establishing the characters, rather then the plot.  

    

And then there's Horror. The opening scenes of a horror movie always hinting at something about to happen at leaving audience at their edge of their seats waiting to jump out of their skins. As I watch the intros of my favorite horror films, I can't help but notice at how they set up the fear. From eerie atmospheres to creepy music. Most them start with a character who isn't relevant in the movie at all and dies in the intro introducing to the villain of the movie. It straight to action to establish a mood and the plot. Scream is one the examples I looked at it where the primary character in the first scene has nothing to do with the rest only thing connecting her to rest of the movie is the killer.  

 

I'm going to look at other genres before I decide to settle but these two are what my focus went to when I learned about the project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 so the CCR are here 1:  CCR poadcast.m4a 2.  20240403_013112000_iOS.mov